BIM Data Deployment Engineer
***Initial 18-24 month fixed term contract***
We have an exciting new role for an BIM Data Deployment Engineer to join our Digital Construction team. Building Information Modelling (BIM) is a key focus for BRE and for the Construction Innovation Hub programme. Key to the delivery of BIM is the requirement for structured data. As such, we are seeking to employ a knowledgeable BIM engineer with deployment experience and an interest in data science to aid with the definitions of UK construction data standards, tools and demonstrator projects. These roles will work in a collaborative way with other multi-disciplinary colleagues across a range of projects.
This is a great opportunity for a BIM Data Deployment Engineer to work on leading edge research in the construction sector, working with a number of expert organisations across the country.
BRE is undertaking a major four-year R&D programme in the construction sector together with a consortium of partners and stakeholders. This is to deliver the Construction Innovation Hub focusing on developing offsite construction, digital technologies and processes, supported by a £72m grant from UKRI (https://constructioninnovationhub.org.uk). The work of the Hub will continue beyond the period of this grant.
The successful candidate will be involved in:
- Planning, development, maintenance and deployment of Hub/BRE digital solutions for their customers
- Development and implementation of BIM product data deployment plan for Hub/BRE and their clients
- Creation and mapping of BIM data structures and properties from relevant standards and documents
- Implementation and testing of data sets on whole lifecycle demonstrator projects
- Development of required data schema, databases, software code and templates
- Creation of deployment support documentation for customers
- Production of deployment specifications and configurations
- New system development and enhancements
- Training to support customer deployment
- Analyzing and troubleshooting deployment issues in a timely manner
- Act as primary customer contact for deployment related inquiries and issues
- Creation of technical reports and presentations underpinned by robust evidence
- Delivery of presentations at conferences and workshops
- Presentation of findings, new technologies and working methodologies to internal and external stakeholders
- Attend regular technical meetings with partners in Coventry, Cambridge, and London, and elsewhere as required to effectively deliver the role requirements.
Skills and Experience
The candidate will be able to evidence the following skills and experience:
- Recent experience in a BIM / technology deployment role
- A degree in either information science, computer science, architectural engineering, architectural technology, building design and technology, or another relevant technology-based programme
- An understanding of the principles of the BIM standards as well as current BIM software, open data standards and processes.
- Knowledge of data structures, databases, data types, measurements in a variety of computer-based languages would be useful.
- Experience in Data Modelling techniques (data schema approaches such as Express, IFC, OWL).
- An understanding of the use and capabilities of some of the software tools from vendors such as Autodesk, Bentley, Graphisoft or Solibri
- Self-motivated with the ability to meet deadlines and work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- Excellent communication, report writing and presentation skills
- The ability to communicate complex information effectively to a wide range of audiences.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, Visio and databases
- Software programming, graphical interfaces or scripting.
Additional skills which would be of advantage:
- C# or VB .Net experience
- Developing C# components for graphical programming interfaces Grasshopper, Dynamo, Param-o, Ansys
- Familiar with Agile approach, JIRA, SharePoint, One Note and Data Analytics
- Knowledge of a variety of digital information exchange and querying languages including the XML-family (XSLT, XPATH, XQUERY). OWL RDF, SPARQL, SHAQL, SQL
- Knowledge of a variety of formats common in the delivery of project information particularly OpenBIM and OpenOffice
- Experience in Geometric Modelling techniques.
Location of Role
- You will be based at BRE in Watford.
BRE is an equal opportunities employer.
Whilst this advert may state a specific location or hours, we encourage flexibility and are happy to have a conversation on how this role could be fulfilled in a different way.
Please also note that should we receive a large number of applications for the role, we may close the advert sooner than the specified closing date, so do apply at your earliest convenience to avoid disappointment.