*12 Month Fixed Term Contract*
*Hybrid role, meaning you can work from home with occasional travel to Watford, Coventry and Cambridge*
Why does this role exist?
BRE is undertaking a major research and development programme in the construction sector together with an alliance of partners and stakeholders. This is to deliver the Construction Innovation Hub. The Hub has been tasked with changing how buildings and infrastructure are designed, procured, manufactured, and connected. Our mission is to create better outcomes for current and future generations by driving the adoption of manufacturing and digital approaches that improve the delivery, resilience and performance of infrastructure.
This exciting 12-months contract role is for an experienced and creative Communications Manager to be responsible for the delivery of internal and external content that it is consistent with the Hub's brand. With first-hand communications experience, you’ll have a nose for a story, creative flair, as well as the ability to engage key audiences in the worlds of academia, industry, and government.
Reporting to the Head of Campaigns and Brand, you will work closely with our partners, the Manufacturing Technology Centre (MTC) and Centre for Digital Built Britain (CDBB) as part of a dynamic Communications and Engagement team in a fast-moving environment.
BRE is a world leading, multi-disciplinary, building science centre with a mission to improve buildings and infrastructure, through research, knowledge dissemination and the delivery of a wide range of services.
The value this role will add:
- Deliver the Hub content strategy, managing the planning, delivery and monitoring of various areas of content creation including blogs, case studies, digital publications, and podcasts
- Lead the Hub editorial working group, playing a key role in the planning, generation and scheduling of content that generates engagement with targeted internal and external audiences and strengthens the Hub's brand
- Lead the collation of a Stronger Stories pipeline and draft outline story structures
- Manage the Hub external newsletter from start to finish (planning, set-up, testing, execution and final reporting)
- Manage internal communications and events for Hub staff, including writing and designing the internal monthly newsletter, planning newsflash emails with Senior Management and delivering digital and F2F internal events e.g. Townhalls
- Manage the internal comms inbox and ensure that replies are prompt and accurate
- Proof-read written pieces such as reports created by the Hub technical team to ensure all content is delivered to a consistently high standard, in line with the Hub's brand guidelines
- Source and commission imagery and design assets to bring the Hub's brand identity to life
- Partner with the wider Hub Comms and Engagement team to take clear task briefs from projects across the wider Hub programme.
What skills and experience does the role need?
- Extensive prior experience working in a marketing or communications role
- Superior written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to act as guardian of copywriting and messaging quality
- Aptitude for attention to detail and great multitasker, flawlessly delivering high-quality pieces of work with different deadlines and multiple stakeholders involved
- Excellent organisational and project management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- An adaptable and collaborative mentality, being capable of working well as part of a team as well as independently
- Familiarity or experience working with internal communications and email marketing platforms such as Mailchimp and Poppulo software is an asset
- An eye for graphic and visual design and building brand uniformly across all assets.
We’re building a diverse and talented team at BRE because we know that different perspectives, experiences and skills will help us be more innovative and mean that we can help deliver effective solutions for our customers.
This is a non-exhaustive summary of your role and is non-contractual. In addition to the above, you may be required to undertake additional duties in order to properly execute your role. This job description is subject to variation from time to time in order to meet the changing needs and requirements of our industry, as well as customer and business demands.
The experience requirements above are provided for guidance purposes, however we would welcome applications from candidates with more or less relevant experience who can demonstrate their suitability for the role.
Whilst this advert may state a specific location or hours, we encourage flexibility and are happy to have a conversation on how this role could be fulfilled in a different way.
Please also note that should we receive a large number of applications for the role, we may close the advert sooner than the specified closing date, so please do apply at your earliest convenience to avoid disappointment.