Digital Construction Workstream Lead
BRE is undertaking a major four year R&D programme in the construction sector together with an alliance of partners and stakeholders. This is to deliver the Construction Innovation Hub (The Hub) focusing on offsite construction and digital technologies and processes, supported by a £72m grant from UKRI (https://transformingconstruction.org.uk/). The work of the HUB will continue beyond the period of this grant.
This exciting new role is for an Information Management Lead to lead and coordinate research including areas such as BIM and information management, construction product data, digitised building regulations and data assurance. Reporting to the Programme Lead, you will also work closely with our partners, the Manufacturing Technology Centre (MTC) and Centre for Digital Built Britain (CDBB) regarding the wider programme.
BRE is a world leading, multi-disciplinary, building science centre with a mission to improve buildings and infrastructure, through research, knowledge dissemination and the delivery of a wide range of services.
The role of the Information Management Lead will be to:
- Lead engagement with internal and external stakeholders to shape the technical programme in this area
- Develop a close working relationship with counterparts in CDBB and MTC working on Information Management
- Map the Information Management landscape to give context to the BRE programme and identify existing capabilities and knowledge across industry and academia
- Develop detailed project specifications for the resulting R&D projects
- Oversee the delivery of the Information Management projects, ensuring outputs are on time and meet requirements
- Represent BRE and the HUB on relevant committees
- Keep up to date with innovations in the market place
- Write technical reports and review the technical reports of others
- Deliver presentations at conferences and workshops
- Attend regular technical meetings with partners in Coventry, Cambridge, and London
Skills and Experience
The candidate should have:
- Substantial experience of working in roles related to BIM and Information Management
- Experience of leading and performing research or development projects
- A relevant engineering degree
- The ability to communicate complex information effectively to a wide range of audiences
- Proven ability to work on complex programmes whilst maintaining focus on delivery
- Experience of preparing technical reports and other collateral
Location of Role
- You will be based primarily at BRE in Watford with regular meetings with partners in Coventry and Cambridge.
BRE is an equal opportunities employer.
Whilst this advert may state a specific location or hours, we encourage flexibility and are happy to have a conversation on how this role could be fulfilled in a different way.
Please also note that should we receive a large number of applications for the role, we may close the advert sooner than the specified closing date, so do apply at your earliest convenience to avoid disappointment.