Quality Audit Engineer
BRE is undertaking a four-year R&D programme in the construction sector together with a consortium of partners and stakeholders, focusing on developing offsite construction, digital technologies and processes. A key part of this programme will be the development of new quality management systems (QMS) processes and standards for highly productionised offsite manufacturing processes. This role is for someone with experience in construction materials, UKAS accredited auditing companies, following factory production control systems, offsite manufacturing, advanced product quality planning tools and standards development.
The person doing this role would be involved in:
- Developing factory production control audit guidelines.
- Leading meetings and presentations with external stakeholders.
- Assessing supply chain maturity based on factory production control auditing.
- Developing use cases for how to audit factories of the future.
- Support in creation of new advanced quality toolset for transforming the construction industry.
- Facilitating the adoption of any standards created or best practices identified.
Note: This role requires travel within the UK.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline preferably industrial engineering.
- At least two years of field auditing experience in in the civil engineering and construction products industry.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Prior experience of writing technical reports.
- Working knowledge of ISO9000, ISO9001, ISO14001, ISO45001 and OHSAS18001.
- Working knowledge of building codes and regulations is required.
- Gained exposure in quality auditing of offsite manufacturers based in the UK and the current areas of gaps where research is being carried out.
- Experience of internal auditing and writing technical reports.
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills.
- Demonstrated experience of working on projects with multiple stakeholders and partners.
- ASQ certification is preferred but not required.
- Preferable to have a basic knowledge of construction project stages (RIBA/CIC), BIM level 2 and EU NACE SIC codes.
- 8D Problem Solving & RCA accredited individual is preferred.