Website and Social Media Manager
*12 Month Fixed Term Contract*
*Hybrid role, meaning you can work from home with occasional travel to Watford, Coventry and Cambridge*
Why does this role exist?
BRE is undertaking a major research and development programme in the construction sector together with an alliance of partners and stakeholders. This is to deliver the Construction Innovation Hub. The Hub has been tasked with changing how buildings and infrastructure are designed, procured, manufactured, and connected. Our mission is to create better outcomes for current and future generations by driving the adoption of manufacturing and digital approaches that improve the delivery, resilience and performance of infrastructure.
This exciting 12-month contract role is for a digital communication professional to manage the Hub's digital content on website and social media channels. As a Website and Social Media Manager you will define and shape the Hub social media channels, building social media campaigns that increase brand awareness and engage key audiences in the worlds of academia, industry, and government. You will also be tasked to project manage the Hub website, planning technical improvements needed, making content updates and driving ways of extending and improving SEO.
This newly created role will report to the Head of Campaigns and Brand, and will work closely with our partners, the Manufacturing Technology Centre (MTC) and Centre for Digital Built Britain (CDBB) as part of a dynamic Communications and Engagement team in a fast-moving environment.
BRE is a world leading, multi-disciplinary, building science centre with a mission to improve buildings and infrastructure, through research, knowledge dissemination and the delivery of a wide range of services.
The value this role will add:
- Work with the Head of Campaigns and Brand to refine and deliver the Hub digital strategy, building from existing work and ensuring the strategy is in line with wider communications goals and organisational objectives
- Responsible for planning, generating and scheduling digital content for web and social media, generating engagement with targeted audiences and strengthening the Hub's brand
- Champion new ideas and strategies for delivering inspiring and visually impactful content in the Hub social media channels, managing the process from ideas generation to reporting, testing and analysis
- Deliver social media training for the wider Hub team, preparing all materials and evaluating the impact of the training
- Project manage all Hub website continuous improvement development needs, supporting plans to grow web traffic and delivering effective user journeys
- Ensure correct and fully utilisation of the CMS system, Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
- Monitor SEO and deliver action plans to improve optimisation. Perform ongoing keyword research and optimisation to maximise organic traffic and improve the relevant ranking for key deliverables
- Monitor and report changing behaviour and usage in the Hub website and work with web agency to respond to and troubleshoot all website issues
- Work with graphic designers to create imagery and design assets to bring the Hub's brand identity to life
- Partner with the wider Hub Comms and Engagement team to take clear task briefs from projects across the wider Hub programme.
What skills and experience does the role need?
- Extensive prior experience working in a digital marketing or communications role, using Word Press or a similar CMS system, and managing tools such as Orlo, Google Search Console and Analytics.
- Knowledge of social media platforms best practice and experience maintaining these and creating reporting for a business
- Strong attention to detail with an analytical mind and good problem-solving skills
- Great understanding of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Ability to create and edit videos, images and graphics to maintain an up-to-date online presence and build brand uniformly across all channels
- Excellent writing skills, with the ability to act as guardian of copywriting and messaging quality
- Excellent organisational and project management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- An adaptable and collaborative mentality, being capable of working well as part of a team as well as independently
We’re building a diverse and talented team at BRE because we know that different perspectives, experiences and skills will help us be more innovative and mean that we can help deliver effective solutions for our customers.
This is a non-exhaustive summary of your role and is non-contractual. In addition to the above, you may be required to undertake additional duties in order to properly execute your role. This job description is subject to variation from time to time in order to meet the changing needs and requirements of our industry, as well as customer and business demands.
The experience requirements above are provided for guidance purposes, however we would welcome applications from candidates with more or less relevant experience who can demonstrate their suitability for the role.
Whilst this advert may state a specific location or hours, we encourage flexibility and are happy to have a conversation on how this role could be fulfilled in a different way.
Please also note that should we receive a large number of applications for the role, we may close the advert sooner than the specified closing date, so please do apply at your earliest convenience to avoid disappointment.