Senior Wind Engineer in Building Aerodynamics
We are currently seeking an experienced Wind Engineer to join our Building Technology Group.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in building aerodynamics and wind tunnel testing and leading expert teams. Ideally the candidate will have experience of wind microclimate, wind loading and building aerodynamics testing. Knowledge of Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) or Computational Wind Engineering (CWE).
- Delivering commercial wind engineering projects from start to finish, including preparation of test specifications, working with model makers, analysis, reporting and responding to client enquiries,
- Proven track record of working with architects, engineers, developers and other stakeholders,
- Experience on tall buildings and/or bridges and/or stadia and other wind sensitive structures,
- A proven track record of winning and delivering wind related consultancy/test services to external clients in diverse sectors
- Client liaison from tender to final reporting stage
- Ability to cross-sell services in other related fields, such as building performance studies, acoustics, etc.
- Ability to work globally with a diverse team of engineers,
- Team management and mentoring experience
- Knowledge of wind engineering principles, with experience in wind tunnel testing.
- Microsoft Office with particular emphasis on Excel VBA, (knowledge of Matlab and programming languages will be beneficial)
- A higher degree in aerospace / civil / mechanical engineering with ideally a minimum 6 years’ experience in a commercial wind tunnel lab or for candidates without a higher degree ideally a min of 10 years’ experience in a commercial wind tunnel lab
This is a senior position in the BRE wind tunnel testing and building aerodynamics team. Typical team sizes range from 3 to 10 staff members. For successful candidates a career path will be agreed which will include long-term leadership and/or business development and/or technical development opportunities. Salary will be commensurate with experience