Electronics Test Technician - Fire Detection
The Fire Detection team within BRE is a leading provider for the testing and approvals of fire detection products under the internationally recognised LPCB brand, ensuring that end users can trust the performance of the products they purchase. Our testing covers control panels, a wide range of detectors and associated components, and alarm transmission systems. BRE has extensive world class facilities for the testing of fire detection products to European and international standards.
Due to rapidly growing demand for our test and approvals service, we have an exciting opportunity for the right individual to join our successful and expanding Fire Detection business.
The main responsibilities of this role are:
- Performing and coordinating test programmes, ensuring that the work is properly controlled, recorded and reported.
- Generation of the test reports.
- Working to European, British and LPCB test standards and procedures
- Working with other internal departments and customers to resolve technical issues
- Providing customers with regular project updates and ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Ensuring the technical integrity and quality of service.
The successful candidate should have the following essential skills and knowledge:
- A relevant electronic or mechanical qualification or equivalent
- Experience of performing testing
- Analytical ability, clarity of thought and attention to detail
- Good organisational and communication skills
- The ability to build and maintain good customer relations
- Be fully conversant with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and databases.
The candidate may also demonstrate some of the following desirable skills and knowledge:
- Experience of certification or quality management processes
- Experience of project management
While this advert may state a specific location or hours, we encourage flexibility and are happy to have a conversation on how this role could be fulfilled in a different way