As we look to grow the business at our Dublin facility (based at Dublin City University), we seek a Certification Engineer who will be responsible for the operation, management and development of certification schemes within BRE Global (Ireland). The work will involve the management and undertaking of certification work, product auditing, development and maintenance of certification schemes underpinned by practical test work. Responsible for making certification decisions leading to issue, maintenance, suspension or withdrawal of certification.
- Undertake and/or co-ordinate projects, ensuring that the work is properly controlled, monitored and disseminated to meet the needs of BRE Global (Ireland) and the customer.
- Make certification decisions in line with the standards and within the competence measures defined.
- May manage and work with project and technical teams to deliver appropriate testing and certification products.
- Monitor practices of own and others’ work to ensure compliance with corporate, statutory and legal requirements
- Conduct testing within the fire test laboratory and/or liaise with test laboratories, both internal and external, to effectively schedule and manage work programmes.
- Report writing and verification or validation and review of test reports
- Effective communication with clients in Ireland and internationally.
- Assist in the development of new certification and testing schemes from concept to roll out
- Represent BRE Global (Ireland) at various trade and standards meetings.
- Liaise with internal departments, customers, trade bodies, approval agencies and accreditation bodies
Must have: (essential skills)
- Qualification or equivalent experience in Engineering
- Understanding of mechanical or fire engineering principles and manufacturing processes of relevant products or in the certification industry
- Comprehensive understanding and experience of having worked with quality standards
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Experience in quality assurance or compliance/approvals
- Experience in product testing and evaluation
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook and databases
Great to also have: (desirable skills & experience)
- Understanding of BRE processes and standards
- Experience in certification or certification industry, including CE Marking
- Strong decision-making skills
- Assertive, able to challenge constructively
- Beyond reproach in their way of working and delivering value to the customer as well as to BRE Global (Ireland)
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Commercially astute
BRE is an equal opportunities employer.
While this advert may state a specific location or hours, we encourage flexibility and are happy to have a conversation on how this role could be fulfilled in a different way