QMS/FPC Certification Programme Manager - Fire Suppression
The Fire Suppression Team at BRE Global provide third party approvals for a wide range of fire suppression products against the requirements of the Loss Prevention Standards published by the LPCB (www.redbooklive.com) and a range of European Directives including the CPR, MED, PED and TPED.
The business operates globally and with a growing market now has an opening for an individual with a clear understanding of the role of QMS/FPC in certification to deliver reliability and conformity for life safety products and to help drive this area of the business forward.
The main responsibilities of this role are:
- Project management of the FPC approvals maintenance process for the fire suppression team,
- Work with the fire suppression certification scheme managers and BRE Global assessment services team to ensure the delivery of technically appropriate FPC audits for currently approved products
- Deliver QMS / FPC audits in the fire suppression area as required in support new and current projects
- Work with Fire Suppression certification project team to ensure FPC compliance with the LPCB schemes, Construction Products Regulation (CPR), Marine Equipment Directive (MED), Pressure Equipment Directive (PED), Transport Equipment Directive (TPED)
- Liaison with internal departments, customers, approval agencies and accreditation bodies
- Work with the Fire suppression team business group to ensure all required FPC audits are identified and delivered to the necessary timetable.
- Provide technical support to the product team to ensure all aspects of the FPC approval certification process is maintained.
- Work with new clients to build FPC/QMS relationships as part of initial approval process.
- Participation in policy reviews, efficiency improvements and drive implementation of the changes.
- Risk assess all aspects of product approval to build a database of current projects and determine where the departments, and BRE’s key areas of exposure are.
- Liaise between stakeholders, Suppression Team and Customers regarding changes to current schemes.
- Review current audit requirements against skill sets within the business and highlight competence shortfalls
- Determine competence requirements for current suppression schemes against auditing requirements and capacity.
The successful candidate should have the following essential skills and knowledge:
- A strong understanding of the certification/approvals process for life safety products
- Qualified at Degree level in a relevant technical field.
- Have achieved or be working towards relevant Chartered Engineer status (support to complete can be provided)
- Qualified ISO 9001:2015 lead auditor
- Experience of Factory Product Control auditing for fire suppression products
- Experience of working overseas
- Must have in-depth knowledge of the Fire Suppression Industry and associated approval standards
- The ability to build and maintain good customer relations (internal and external)
- Analytical ability, clarity of thought and attention to detail
- Excellent organisational, written and oral communication skills
- Be fully conversant with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and databases.
- Experience of project management
The role will not need to be office based but the successful candidate will be expected to travel extensively and to attend meetings at the BRE Watford site on a regular basis
BRE is an equal opportunities employer.
While this advert may state a specific location or hours, we encourage flexibility and are happy to have a conversation on how this role could be fulfilled in a different way