Graduate IT Infrastructure & Network Engineer
IT Services team at BRE are the custodians of BRE data and responsible for the maintenance, support, security and availability of BRE’s IT infrastructure.
IT Infrastructure & Network Engineer role is part of a highly technical team within IT Services that is responsible for the maintenance, support and management of BRE’s Data Centre, Network, Server and SAN Storage infrastructure to meet or exceed agreed service levels. This infrastructure includes physical & virtual servers, central data storage, network devices, security appliances, telephony and conferencing & presentation services (voice and video). The primary purpose of this role is to provide proactive and reactive support, maintenance and improvement of this infrastructure.
This highly technical role also requires excellent customer focus and strong customer service skills in addition to good knowledge and understanding of ITIL, ISO27001 and Cyber Essentials Plus.
- Ensure all work, and the work of consultants and contractors under their supervision, is conducted to BRE Health & Safety rules and standards.
- Put the Customer at the centre of all IT do and build and maintain relationships with business representatives to ensure appropriate and agreed services are delivered.
- Ensure delivery of IT Support that meets or exceeds agreed SLAs.
- Ensure high availability of LAN & WAN networks, Servers, SAN Storage and other IT Infrastructure.
- Deliver high-quality, reliable, available and secure IT Infrastructure & Network Services that meet BRE’s changing business needs.
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives within BRE’s IT department.
- Diagnose, isolate, resolve, remediate and recover service incidents relating to the network, data centres, servers and SAN storage infrastructure and IT security.
- Maintain and support the physical & virtual server and network hardware & software configuration standards, monitor and report on capacity & utilisation.
- Help ensure Information Security best practices are followed and that all work is compliant with internal and external audit requirements.
- Contribute to the support of IT and AV equipment in BREs conference and meeting rooms, to develop Conference Suite Services into a viable commercial product.
- Follow ITIL best practice processes, support ITIL implementation and be an ITIL champion in the business.
- Out of hours maintenance work will be required when the need arises to limit the impact on critical business services.
- Author, document, review, maintain and participate in the development of technical support processes and procedures for IT.
- Provide technical evaluation, configuration, implementation and support for specific tasks and projects as agreed with the Head of IT Services.
- Hands-on experience of supporting, monitoring, managing & securing Microsoft Windows Servers (2008, 2012 & 2016) and VMware (v5.5+) in corporate environments
- Hands-on experience of managing Linux servers within corporate environments.
- Experience of configuring & managing Network devices such as Switches, hubs, routers and firewalls in a complex multi-site organisation with minimum 500 users.
- Experience of administrating Active Directory services, including DNS, DHCP and Group Policy in corporate environments.
- Experience of monitoring infrastructure and network health, performance, utilisation and capacity to help identify and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Experiencing of writing, updating and maintaining standards and documentation, including operating manuals, design documents and asset lists within IT Service Management tools.
- Experience of developing, authoring, documenting technical and service processes.
- Experience of using and writing PowerShell script.
- Knowledge of security best practices aligned to a recognised cyber-security standard such as; ISO 27001, PCI-DSS, Gov.UK PSN CoCo or Cyber-Essentials.
- Experience of Business Continuity, including Disaster Recovery planning and testing.
- Experience of supporting and maintaining telephony systems (Fixed & Mobile), including user’s IP handsets and VoIP.
- Working knowledge of video conferencing, audio / visual technology equipment and collaboration tool, such as Skype for Business.
- Experience of configuring Microsoft SQL and MySQL database management systems.
- Knowledge of Mitel telephony systems.
- Knowledge of Fortinet firewalls, FortiAnalyser, FortiWeb, FortiSIEM, FortiAP and FortiEMS (FortiClient) products.
- Knowledge of HPE / Aruba network switches and network configuration.
BRE is an equal opportunities employer.
While this advert may state a specific location or hours, we encourage flexibility and are happy to have a conversation on how this role could be fulfilled in a different way