Certification Project Manager (Security)
BRE’s Security Team is a renowned and respected provider of security testing, research and standards that help to protect people and property from crime and terrorism. It is also responsible for issuing security product approvals under our internationally recognised LPCB brand, ensuring end users and other stakeholders can rely on those products to deliver the required protection against crime and terrorism.
In order to support that work, the team currently has an exciting opportunity for a proactive engineer to join them; someone with a desire to support delivery of a first class service.
The successful candidate should expect a varied technical role with opportunities to develop a strong and rewarding career in the security industry.
You will be responsible for:
- Project management of security product testing, evaluation and certification projects in accordance with a range of LPS (developed by BRE), national and international standards.
- Evaluating security products’ resistance to forced entry by criminals and terrorists based on thorough assessment of design drawings and supporting test data.
- Providing technical support to manufacturers, specifiers, end users and other stakeholders.
- Supporting development of LPS standards and LPCB approval schemes.
- Promoting the business at exhibitions and events.
- Representing BRE on national and international committees.
- The role will involve some travelling: mainly in the UK but with increasing opportunities for international travel.
Must have: (essential skills)
- Extensive understanding of product testing and certification processes.
- Technical qualification in an engineering, materials, manufacturing or physical science discipline. Ideally at degree level, although exceptional candidates possessing other qualifications will be considered if they can demonstrate the appropriate knowledge, skills and experience required.
- Excellent project management skills, including written and oral communication.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings.
- Attention to detail, organised and proactive.
- Strong numeric and analytical skills.
- Willing and able to travel.
Great to also have: (desirable skills & experience)
- Ability to conduct manual physical attack tests using a wide range of hand and powered tools.
- Working within the security industry and/or a laboratory environment
- Quality management systems, particularly ISO9001
- Understanding of construction and security products.
BRE is an equal opportunities employer.
While this advert may state a specific location or hours, we encourage flexibility and are happy to have a conversation on how this role could be fulfilled in a different way