Fire Safety Engineering - Various Grades
We have exciting opportunities for full-time Fire Engineers of various grades to join our Fire Safety Group. The appointed persons will work within the existing fire consultancy team, to provide consultancy advice on a range of fire safety projects. The work will predominately involve writing fire strategies and providing fire safety consultancy.
We are open to supporting with relocation for this opportunity.
BRE Global Limited (part of the BRE Group), based near Watford, is a world leading independent consultancy, research and third party approvals body for fire, security and sustainability products and services to an international market. We have extensive and unique world class facilities for fire research and testing to European and international standards located on the same campus, enabling opportunities of first-hand witnessing of fire testing and research for the successful candidate.
We are offering exciting opportunities for various grades of Fire Safety Engineers to join our team undertaking fire safety engineering consultancy services for a range of clients in both the commercial and public sectors. The position lies within BRE Global’s Fire Safety business area which is the main focus for our Fire Safety Engineering and other fire and explosion safety related consultancy services.
The successful candidate will have knowledge and a good understanding of fire safety principles. It would be advantageous to have a good knowledge and application of codes and standards relevant to fire safety in the UK.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Develop fire strategies for new and existing building projects.
- Expand client base through key customer relationships and networks.
- Secure repeat business through existing client relationships and networking.
- Prepare proposals within agreed scope and to client deadlines and identify new opportunities for the business.
- Project manage fire engineering projects.
- Represent and promote our business in meetings.
- Support the wider Fire Safety Group with expertise as required
Key requirements include:
- Undergraduate or postgraduate degree in Fire Safety Engineering, or similar engineering discipline with demonstrable experience as a fire engineer.
- Knowledge of Computational Methods or Computational Fluid Dynamics. FDS and Pyrosim skills preferred.
- Demonstrable project management experience.
- Good commercial awareness and customer focus.
- Problem solving and analytical thinking.
- Experience of applying and understanding of UK fire safety codes, Building Regulations.
- Understanding of building drawings.
- Attention to detail, organised and proactive.
- Excellent written, office software and oral communication skills.
- Strong numeric and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated, confident and focussed.
- Able to manage own time and prioritise workloads effectively.
- Willingness to work offsite both in the UK and internationally.
- Willing and able to learn new skills and apply them as and when projects require.
BRE is an equal opportunities employer.
While this advert may state a specific location or hours, we encourage flexibility and are happy to have a conversation on how this role could be fulfilled in a different way