Customer Success BIM Data Engineer
Overview of Role
We have an exciting new role for a Customer Success BIM Data Engineer. Building Information Modelling (BIM) is a key focus for BRE and for the Construction Innovation Hub programme. Key to the delivery of BIM is the requirement for structured data. As such, we are seeking to employ a BIM knowledgeable engineer with a data science background to aid with the definitions of UK construction data standards, tools and demonstrator projects. These roles will work in a collaborative way with other multi-disciplinary colleagues across a range of projects.
This is a great opportunity for a customer focused BIM Data Engineer to work on leading edge research in the construction sector, working with a number of expert organisations across the country.
BRE is undertaking a major four year R&D programme in the construction sector together with a consortium of partners and stakeholders. This is to deliver the Construction Innovation Hub focusing on developing offsite construction, digital technologies and processes, supported by a £72m grant from UKRI (https://constructioninnovationhub.org.uk). The work of the Hub will continue beyond the period of this grant.
The successsful candidate will be involved in:
- Fostering positive relationships, demonstrating product knowledge, planning and implementing Hub/BRE digital solutions for their customers
- Development and implementation of BIM product data processes and digital tools for Hub/BRE and their clients
- Creation and mapping of BIM data structures and properties from relevant standards and documents
- Implementation and testing of data sets on whole lifecycle demonstrator projects
- Development of required data schema and templates
- Development of databases and software code
- Creation of technical reports and presentations underpinned by robust evidence
- Scoping and development of project proposals
- Delivery of presentations at conferences and workshops
- Identification of new and additional business opportunities, as well as facilitating customer feedback to internal teams on how we can develop better products for their needs
- Presentation of findings, new technologies and working methodologies to internal and external stakeholders
- Attend regular technical meetings with partners in Coventry, Cambridge, and London, and elsewhere as required to effectively deliver the role requirements
Skills and Experience
The candidate will be able to evidence the following skills and experience:
- Recent experience in a technology, customer success orientated role
A degree in either information science, computer science, architectural engineering, architectural technology, building design and technology, or another relevant technology-based programme
An understanding of the principles of the BIM Level 2 as well as current BIM software, open data standards and processes.
Knowledge of data structures, databases, data types, measurements in a variety of computer-based languages would be useful.
Experience in Data Modelling techniques (data schema approaches such as Express, IFC, OWL).
An understanding of the use and capabilities of some of the software tools from vendors such as Autodesk, Bentley, Graphisoft or Solibri
A comprehension of current construction standards and the ability to interpret these in a digital approach.
Self-motivated with the ability to meet deadlines and work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
Excellent communication, report writing and presentation skills
The ability to communicate complex information effectively to a wide range of audiences.
Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, Visio and databases
Interest in software programming, graphical interfaces or scripting.
Additional skills which would be of advantage:
Familiar with Agile approach, JIRA, Sharepoint, One Note and Data Analytics
Knowledge of a variety of digital information exchange and querying languages including the XML-family (XSLT, XPATH, XQUERY). OWL RDF, SPARQL, SHAQL, SQL
Knowledge of a variety of formats common in the delivery of project information particularly OpenBIM and OpenOffice
Experience in Geometric Modelling techniques
Location of Role
- You will be based at BRE in Watford.
BRE is an equal opportunities employer.
Whilst this advert may state a specific location or hours, we encourage flexibility and are happy to have a conversation on how this role could be fulfilled in a different way.
Please also note that should we receive a large number of applications for the role, we may close the advert sooner than the specified closing date, so do apply at your earliest convenience to avoid disappointment.