Principal Consultant - BRE National Solar Centre
We are seeking an experienced sustainability professional to lead, operate and grow the BRE National Solar Centre (NSC) business based at the Eden Project, Cornwall.
They will grow the scope and range of operations nationally supporting the NSC’s emergence as a recognised Centre of Excellence for solar, and lead BRE’s activities on solar to win and deliver (or manage delivery of) a range of research collaborations, projects and consultancy services, based on NSC’s (and wider BRE’s) technical expertise in solar.
BRE National Solar Centre (NSC)
BRE have been delivering research and providing guidance on solar PV technologies since 1976. In 2013, BRE established the National Solar Centre (NSC) in order to specialise our solar services into a commercial offering for UK and International customers. Our remit is to provide robust, unbiased advice to the solar industry and its clients.
The NSC has a dedicated team of solar professionals with a wealth of experience, ranging from the practical nuts and bolts of solar PV installation, through technical consultancy and project planning, to advising the government on policy. The team are actively engaged in activities, helping to shape the strategic development of solar in the UK and Internationally.
The core team is based at the Eden Project in Cornwall. But our services are represented at BRE's Head Office in Watford and regional offices in Glasgow and Swansea. We add value by linking with experts across BRE's multidisciplinary activities, as required, for example on product testing, certification and fire investigation.
- Lead growth of BRE National Solar Centre
- Lead on NSC projects and programmes delivery, either as technical lead or project management capacity
- Business development to generate new opportunities including proposal writing
- Manage, coach & develop staff working at NSC office
- Grow strategic relationship with key stakeholders across Cornwall and SW, including Cornwall Council, University of Exeter
- Ensure regular and effective communications with customers engaged with the NSC and wider industry audience
- Represent BRE NSC on trade bodies, committees of relevance
- Practical knowledge and experience of the construction industry and built environment
- In-depth knowledge and experience of solar industry
- Knowledge and understanding of construction industry regulatory landscape and related approvals and certification procedures
- UK and EU research funding landscape, with experience in research bidding and delivery an advantage
Qualifications, experience, essentials skills:
- Qualifications in building science related or business (strategy / finance) linked to knowledge of construction industry and innovation are an advantage
- Excellent track record in network development, client delivery and partnership working
- Pro-active nature, strategic thinker with drive and ambition to complete tasks in hand.
- Excellent technical report writing and presentation skills
BRE is an equal opportunities employer.
While this advert may state a specific location or hours, we encourage flexibility and are happy to have a conversation on how this role could be fulfilled in a different way