Test Technician, Security
BRE’s Security Team is a renowned and respected provider of security testing, research and standards that help to protect people and property from crime and terrorism. It is also responsible for issuing security product approvals under our internationally recognised LPCB brand, ensuring end users and other stakeholders can rely on those products to deliver the required protection against crime and terrorism.
In order to support that work, the team currently has an exciting opportunity for a proactive technician to join them; someone with a desire to support delivery of a first class service. The successful candidate should expect a varied technical role with opportunities to develop a strong and rewarding career in the security industry.
You will be responsible for:
- Delivery of security product testing and certification projects in accordance with a range of LPS (developed by BRE), national and international standards.
- As part of a team, conduct physical attack testing of security products.
- Recording of test data and preparation of test records and associated reports.
- Developing positive relationships with our customers to understand their needs.
- Supporting development of LPS standards and LPCB approval schemes.
The role will involve some travelling: mainly in the UK but with increasing opportunities for international travel.
Must have: (essential skills)
- Technical qualification in an engineering, materials, manufacturing or physical science discipline or equivalent industry experience.
- Ability to conduct manual physical attack tests using a wide range of hand and powered tools.
- Self-motivated and able to work as part of a team.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings.
- Proficient IT skills, including the use of Word, Excel and other Microsoft Office based packages.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Willing and able to travel.
Great to also have: (desirable skills & experience)
- Experience of product testing and certification processes.
- Full and clean driving license.
- Working within the security industry and/or a laboratory environment.
- Understanding of construction and security products.
BRE is an equal opportunities employer.
While this advert may state a specific location or hours, we encourage flexibility and are happy to have a conversation on how this role could be fulfilled in a different way