Consultant / Senior Consultant (Energy)
BRE is seeking a dedicated and experienced consultant / senior consultant, with an energy focus, to join our successful Strategic Advisory team.
The Strategic Advisory team is part of the Building Performance Group at BRE. Offering technical-commercial advisory services, the team delivers a diverse and multidisciplinary portfolio of projects and activities. These include aspects of smart energy, energy efficiency, renewable energy, sustainable development, resilient communities, health & well being, low impact and responsible construction, circular economy, biophilia, sustainable design, lean construction and delivering innovation in the built environment.
As a consultant you will deliver (and assist in developing/securing) consultancy projects in a range of interesting and evolving energy topics for a mixture of clients. Key areas and activities include:
- Smart energy technology advisory (including flexible energy solutions, storage, innovative energy services, etc.).
- Resilient energy strategy development including technical option appraisals.
- National Solar Centre including PV feasibility assessments, economic appraisal, project development support and due diligence.
- Energy efficiency, renewable energy systems and low carbon heat advisory.
- Building performance monitoring & evaluation.
- Providing services associated with the Approved Certifiers of Design certification schemes potentially including delivery of training and completion of audits/reviews of scheme member energy compliance calculations.
- Thermal modelling assessments and certification.
We want to hear from you if you have knowledge and experience in delivering successful consultancy, or a similar technical delivery experience, in a selection of the above areas.
To be successful in this role, we are looking for someone who embodies our values and can demonstrate:
- A degree in a relevant energy, building services, building design, sustainability, engineering or related discipline.
- Good technical-commercial understanding of emerging trends and opportunities presented by smart energy technologies (and ideally experience of advising organisations on new technologies to meet their sustainability and energy goals).
- An understanding of the built environment energy performance policy landscape including the policy drivers, stakeholders, legislation, regulations.
- Experience in energy modelling (e.g. SAP, SBEM) and knowledge of low energy design principles.
- Experience of delivering successful energy related consultancy projects.
- Adaptable and enthusiastic approach with the ability to work co-operatively as part of a team as well as individually to complete tasks on time to budget and to consistently high standards.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts in clear terms in written reports and publications and through client presentations.
- Willingness to travel to attend meetings, visit sites, etc.
- Good proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint (and ideally engineering / technical software and/or GIS experience).
BRE is an equal opportunities employer.
While this advert may state a specific location or hours, we encourage flexibility and are happy to have a conversation on how this role could be fulfilled in a different way