Principal Consultant (Energy)
BRE is seeking a dedicated and experienced Principal Consultant, with an energy focus, to join our successful Strategic Advisory team.
The Strategic Advisory team is part of the Building Performance Group at BRE. Offering technical-commercial advisory services, the team delivers a diverse and multidisciplinary portfolio of projects and activities. These include aspects of smart energy, energy efficiency, renewable energy, sustainable development, resilient communities, health & well being, low impact and responsible construction, circular economy, biophilia, sustainable design, lean construction and delivering innovation in the built environment.
As a Principal Consultant you will deliver (and assist in developing/securing) consultancy projects in a range of interesting and evolving energy topics for a mixture of clients. Key areas and activities include:
- Smart energy technology advisory (including flexible energy solutions, storage, innovative energy services, etc.).
- Resilient energy strategy development including technical option appraisals.
- National Solar Centre including PV feasibility assessments, economic appraisal, project development support and due diligence.
- Energy efficiency, renewable energy systems and low carbon heat advisory.
- Building performance monitoring & evaluation.
- Providing services associated with the Approved Certifiers of Design certification schemes potentially including delivery of training and completion of audits/reviews of scheme member energy compliance calculations.
- Thermal modelling assessments and certification.
We want to hear from you if you have knowledge and experience in delivering successful consultancy, or a similar technical delivery experience, in a selection of the above areas.
To be successful in this role, we are looking for someone who embodies our values and can demonstrate:
- A degree in a relevant energy, building services, building design, sustainability, engineering or related discipline.
- Good technical-commercial understanding of emerging trends and opportunities presented by smart energy technologies (and ideally experience of advising organisations on new technologies to meet their sustainability and energy goals).
- An understanding of the built environment energy performance policy landscape including the policy drivers, stakeholders, legislation, regulations.
- Experience in energy modelling (e.g. SAP, SBEM) and knowledge of low energy design principles.
- Experience of delivering successful energy related consultancy projects.
- Adaptable and enthusiastic approach with the ability to work co-operatively as part of a team as well as individually to complete tasks on time to budget and to consistently high standards.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts in clear terms in written reports and publications and through client presentations.
- Willingness to travel to attend meetings, visit sites, etc.
- Good proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint (and ideally engineering / technical software and/or GIS experience).
Salary of offer: £45,000
Should this vacancy be of interest, please apply online with your CV and cover letter (or to email@example.com) by 11th September 2019.
BRE is an equal opportunities employer.
While this advert may state a specific location or hours, we encourage flexibility and are happy to have a conversation on how this role could be fulfilled in a different way