Head of Active Installer Certification
The Active Installer Certification Team at BRE Global provide LPCB certification for installers of fire protection systems including sprinklers, gas extinguishing and fire detection systems.
The Loss Prevention Certification Board (LPCB) has been working with industry and insurers for more than 100 years to set the standards needed to ensure that fire and security products and services perform effectively. LPCB is part of BRE Global and in a globally renowned brand.
This opportunity is for a Head of Active Installer Certification to help deliver and lead on our work in this important area.
The responsibilities of this role are to:
- Provide technical and operational leadership for the team ensuring that work is delivered on time and to quality.
- Carry out assessment and surveillance audits on all schemes.
- Carry out supervision work on the LPS 1048 scheme.
- Verify assessment and surveillance reports on all schemes.
- Preparation and approval of proposals.
- Represent the business in relevant groups such as FPA RISC Authority and through the management of the Installers Advisory Group.
- Oversee the maintenance and development of our standards and processes, working closely with internal and market stakeholders.
- Maintain key customer relationships and engage in industry networks.
The following skills and experience are required:
- Significant technical knowledge in active fire protection systems (sprinklers, gas extinguishing and fire detection) is essential.
- Good organisational and customer facing skills.
- Knowledge of quality management systems and auditing would be an advantage.
- Some experience of managing teams would be an advantage.
Significant training will be provided.
We are flexible regarding location as the role could operate remotely from BRE but with regular visits.
BRE is an equal opportunities employer.
While this advert may state a specific location or hours, we encourage flexibility and are happy to have a conversation on how this role could be fulfilled in a different way