Fire Installer Scheme Manager (LPS 1048)
Due to the continued success and expansion of the LPS 1048 scheme (certification of Sprinkler Contractors in the UK and Ireland) BRE Global, under the brand name LPCB, requires additional resources to operate the scheme and is looking for an experienced sprinkler engineer with good management and interpersonal skills.
The Loss Prevention Certification Board (LPCB) has been working with industry and insurers for more than 100 years to set the standards needed to ensure that fire and security products and services perform effectively. LPCB is part of BRE Global and in a globally renowned brand.
Training will be provided for this role. The position will be home based and will involve visits to installer’s sites and their offices throughout the UK and Ireland. On occasions, overnight stays will be required.
The responsibilities of this role are to:
- Perform LPS 1048 technical assessments and surveillance audits
- Undertaking inspection work (design reviews and site inspections) of design and install contracts submitted for supervision.
- Support the preparation of proposals.
- Support the maintenance and development of our standards and processes.
- Maintain key customer relationships.
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are required:
- Significant experience in sprinkler technology
- In-depth knowledge of the LPC Sprinkler Rules and other sprinkler standards. Should preferably have passed the LPCB Basic, Intermediate and FHC Design and Inspection (Module 2 – Testing & commissioning) Competence Reviews
- Knowledge in the application and use of sprinkler equipment
- Experience in the use of computer hydraulic calculation programs for sprinkler systems
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relation skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office IT package and Microsoft Outlook.
An attractive package will be offered to the right candidate.
BRE is an equal opportunities employer.
While this advert may state a specific location or hours, we encourage flexibility and are happy to have a conversation on how this role could be fulfilled in a different way